Indian travel and hospitality platform ixigo has just announced a major milestone in its growth: the company has now reached 200 million users. This is an impressive feat, made even more so by the fact that the company had only been around for a mere 850 days when it achieved this mark. This news was shared widely in the Economic Times, India’s premier business newspaper, which featured an article about ixigo’s journey to 200 million users. In this article, we’ll be exploring ixigo’s success story and how it achieved such an impressive feat in less than three years.
What is ixigo?
Ixigo is a leading online travel search and planning platform in India. It allows users to search and compare different travel options, book flights, trains, and hotels, and also provides helpful trip-planning tools. Ixigo was founded in 2007 by two former Google employees, Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar.
How ixigo is different from other travel apps?
Ixigo is different from other travel apps in several ways. First, it offers a more comprehensive and user-friendly interface. Second, ixigo provides real-time updates on train schedules, fares, and seat availability. Third, ixigo’s artificial intelligence-based chatbot, “Ixi”, can help users with their queries related to travel planning. Finally, ixigo integrates with popular payment wallets in India, making it convenient for users to book tickets and make payments.
What are the features of ixigo?
Ixigo is a leading travel search and planning app in India, used by over 100 million travellers. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools to help users plan and book their trips, including search, itinerary planning, seat selection, fare alerts, and more.
In addition to its core search and booking functionality, ixigo also offers a range of unique features that make it the go-to app for Indian travellers. These include:
1. Train PNR status and tracking: Ixigo helps users track their train PNR status in real-time, so they can be sure of their seat confirmation status before boarding.
2. Fare alerts: Users can set up fare alerts for their favourite routes, so they are notified when prices drop. This is a great way to save money on travel.
3. Live station information: Ixigo provides live updates on train arrival and departure times, as well as platform information for all major stations in India. This helps travellers plan their journeys with ease.
4. Seat selection: Ixigo allows users to select their preferred seats while booking tickets, so they can be sure of getting the seat they want on the train.
5. Train timings and schedule: Users can check train timings and schedules directly on the ixigo app, so they can plan their journeys accordingly.
6. Coupons and discounts: Ixigo regularly offers coupons and discounts on travel book
How to use ixigo?
Assuming you would like content for a blog titled “Indian ixigo M&M: How to Use”:
1. ixigo is an online travel aggregator and metasearch engine based in India. It was founded in 2007 by two former Microsoft employees, Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar.
2. ixigo’s mission is to make travel simple and easy for everyone. It does this by providing a one-stop-shop for all your travel needs – from searching and booking flights and hotels, to planning itineraries and finding things to do at your destination.
3. You can use ixigo in two ways: either directly on the website or through the mobile app (available for Android and iOS).
4. To get started, simply enter your travel details (e.g. origin, destination, dates) into the search bar on the homepage. ixigo will then show you a list of flight and hotel options to choose from.
5. You can further refine your search results using the various filters available (e.g. price, airline, cabin class). Once you’ve found the perfect flight or hotel, simply click on the ‘Book’ button to be redirected to the respective booking site/app where you can complete your purchase.
6. In addition to its search and booking functionality, ixigo also offers a range of other useful features such as trip planning, itinerary management
Ixigo 200m 850m economic times
Ixigo, a travel planning and search engine, has been in the news for its 200m Series C funding from Sequoia India and Lightspeed India. This round of funding takes Ixigo’s total funding to over $100 million.
Ixigo was founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar. The company started off as a metasearch engine for air tickets but later expanded into other areas such as hotels, trains, buses, and cars. Ixigo currently has over 60 million monthly users and is one of the leading travel apps in India.
The company will use the fresh funds to further expand its product offerings and build out its technology platform. Ixigo plans to launch new features such as a chatbot and an artificial intelligence-based recommendations engine. It will also invest in marketing and expanding its team.
With this round of funding, Ixigo has become one of the most well-funded travel startups in India. This is a big win for the company and will help it compete against larger rivals such as MakeMyTrip and Yatra.
What are the benefits of using ixigo?
There are many benefits of using ixigo, including the following:
1.ixigo is a free online tool that allows you to compare airfares from different airlines.
2. You can use ixigo to find the cheapest flights for your desired travel dates and route.
3. ixigo also provides an option to book your flight tickets directly through its website.
4. In addition, ixigo offers other useful features such as a travel blog, travel guides, and city information pages that can help you plan your trip.
We’ve discussed how IXIGO’s 200M and 850M acquisitions by Indian Economic Times have strengthened their position in the travel industry. Not only do they now offer an even more comprehensive suite of services, but they also benefit from having access to a larger network of partners and suppliers. As a result, this could open up opportunities for further growth and expansion as they continue to develop innovative solutions while pushing boundaries across the industry. In any case, these strategic moves are sure to have long-lasting implications on both the local and global levels within the travel sector.